Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slow News Week...

Updates have been few and far between recently. I'm not dead, and I havent abandoned this blog. It's just that there are few things going on right now worth writing home about.

Amman certainly turned up the temperature this week. Fans are running on high in my apartment non-stop. Mornings are still pleasant, so I still enjoy the commute to Qasid at 7:30AM or so. But when I leave class at noon, I definitely feel the desert heat.

I also ended my passport odyssey today - my visa was extended so I am done jumping through logistical hoops. I'm now down to one last page in my passport, so I need to keep international travel to a minimum until I can get some extra pages put in.

Qasid finally announced the start of the mini-classes each evening. I am enrolled in newspaper-media Arabic, and classes start at the end of this week. We also recently finished the review units and moved into new content during regular class, so academics are about to get way more demanding.

Other than that, all is well... we'll see if the weekend holds any exciting plans that might make for slightly more interesting entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment